Link to Today's Meet Website
TodaysMeet is a great tool for creating backchannel discussions that can live on beyond the original event. Students and teachers can use it to hold an asynchronous discussion or as a workspace for sharing resources or gathering feedback.
This example is a screenshot from a TodaysMeet used during a workshop in which teachers and students created resources for a trans-media story.
Resources to Get You Started
Ways to use TodaysMeet in Your Classroom
- Use TodaysMeet as a backchannel during direct instruction.
- Use TodaysMeet as a backchannel during films and listening activities.
- Use TodaysMeet as a way to brainstorm and collect ideas at the beginning of a class, activity or unit.
- Use TodaysMeet to hold an online discussion during virtual learning activities.
- Use TodaysMeet to create a digital record of a class discussion as a resource for later learning.
- Use TodaysMeet to invite feedback about a learning experience.
- Use TodaysMeet to invite feedback from parents during Open House.
- Use TodaysMeet as a repository for digital resources and ideas during projects.
- Use TodaysMeet as a replacement for Twitter chats.
- Use TodaysMeet as a class suggestion box.