Skype is a free piece of software that allows the user to make connect through video, audio, and instant message to anyone in the world over the Internet. Users can share files, share their screen, and send video messages to their contacts.
Link to Skype Website
Example Video of Skype in the Classroom
Skype Mobile Apps
Resources to Get You Started
Ways to Use Skype in the Classroom
- Skype with an expert.
- Face to face meetings with other classrooms.
- Skype into the classroom when you are away.
- Skype show and tell (have a parent/grandparent a day Skype in and share something).
- Attend meetings via skype when you can’t be there physically.
- Skype with an author of a book you’ve read as a class.
- Skype around the world to introduce culture, habitat, etc.
- Skype to enhance professional development.
- After hours tutoring or Parent-Teacher conferences.
- Meet leaders in your community!
- Create an authentic audience for your students’ work.