Mentor Mob/Lesson Paths
MentorMob/LessonPaths is a tool that allows teachers to create learning playlists that students can work their way through chronologically. Each step of the playlist can be a web link, a file that the teacher uploads, an article that the teacher writes, or a quiz that the teacher creates. Having all of these features together makes for a very versatile way to create interactive learning paths for students. Additionally, each playlist can be made public for viewing and can even be made editable by the public, creating a shared resource for all of humanity.
The Main Idea
Yes, this is a MentorMob video, but LessonPaths works the same way
Example LessonPaths Lesson
Resources to Help You Get Started
ICATS MentorMob Challenge
Getting to Know LessonPaths
10 Reasons I Love MentorMob
LessonPaths Official Blog
What’s on Your Playlist?
Ways to use Lesson Paths in Your Classroom
- Create a playlist as a learning playground to introduce a topic.
- Have students create a playlist to introduce themselves, a classmate, or their community.
- Have students create a playlist to teach a skill or share a passion.
- Have students create a playlist with information related to a research project.
- Have students tell a story with a playlist in which each step points to a chapter, scene, or monologue.
- Create playlists of student work to share with colleagues and parents.
- Create playlists of resources for student remediation, further exploration, flipped learning, or blended learning.
- Have students create playlists that function as digital portfolios, albums, or scrapbooks.
- Have students create playlists that are designed to persuade an audience of a point of view.
- Create playlists that feature local history, culture, and environment.
- Collaborate with colleagues to design playlists that support professional development.