Google+ is a social networking and identity service owned and operated by Google Inc. It is the second-largest social networking site in the world after Facebook, and 500 million people had created Google Plus accounts as of December 2012.
Link to Google+ Website
Here is an example of Google+
Google+ Mobile Apps
Resources to Help You Get Started
Ways to Use Google+ in Your Classroom
- You can have online collaborative meeting with other teachers from around the world.
- It is a great way to trouble shoot your technology with a tech live on the spot.
- You could bring in a panel of guest speakers into your classroom.
- If you had to be out for an extended period of time, you could teach remotely once in a while.
- Conference with parents that may not be able to come to school, especially if the parents work in different places.
- Go to a virtual PD conference.
- Connect with several pen pals that live in different states or countries.
- Connect your classroom with any group of people in the world. The possibilities are endless.