Animoto is a great web tool for creating videos and slideshows that include photos, video, audio and text. It’s easy to use, and educators can get a special educator’s account that allows them to create unlimited videos with their classes. The many themes and styles that Animoto provide make it possible to create very personalized and slick looking videos without the need to have advanced video editing skills.
Animoto Mobile Apps
Animoto Introduction Video
Example of an Animoto Video
Resources to Help You Get Started
Ways to Use Animoto in Your Classroom
- Have students create autobiographical or introduction videos.
- Have students create a video collage based on a theme or topic covered in your class.
- Have students make day-in-the-life videos of characters in books or people in the school.
- Create an inspirational video montage of a class’s preparations for an assessment.
- Have students introduce a topic via video.
- Create discussion-starter or anticipation videos.
- Create motivational videos made of quotes and images.
- Create an art portfolio video.
- Have students create video writing prompts for the class.
- Have students capture images from a class activity and mix them in a video for sharing with parents and the community.
- Create videos that share content that you want to discuss in your next class.
- Create videos that convey what it is like to live in your town or learn in your school.
- Create video post cards that can be sent to parents on special days like Valentine’s Day.
- Create videos that teach concepts related to digital citizenship, character, or culture.
- Host a school-wide video challenge.